Friday, August 15, 2008

Round 2!

Feel like we're in a boxing match here.... Anyway we started Round 2 yesterday. So far, alles gut! The chemo went well and the red Kool-Aid (Adriamycin) wasn't as scary as last time. Linda's port is working well for administering the meds.

This time, we get a blood test before the chemo starts to make sure things look okay. Linda's counts were mostly good but she was slightly anemic. This may be due to the pregnancy plus the chemo. It wasn't bad enough to delay the chemo or require additional boosts yet but we do need to try to get some more iron in Linda's diet for the next couple weeks since we don't want her counts to get lower.

Linda has been feeling a bit off but otherwise okay and we did our walks last night and this morning. She had her acupuncture routine before chemo and has the next part this morning. This afternoon she gets her Neulasta shot (booster) and then most people feel flu-like for the following few days.

We're leaving for the "Resort at the Mountain" for a couple nights where there is a family gathering. Linda will be playing it by ear on how much she engages during this trip since she may be a bit worn out (worn out for her is normal for me!). It is a beautiful place and should also be a bit cooler than here in the valley as we may see triple digits this weekend!

Rob.

10 comments:

Audrey said...

Get that woman a flat iron steak from Ray's! And then some organic ice cream to follow it up...mmm, I'm making myself hungry.

Sending you both good thoughts,
Audrey

Richard said...

Glad to hear that things are progressing well! Can't wait to see pics of Linda with her new 'doo...

Have fun at Mt. Hood!

~Rich, Kelly & Jett

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda and Rob,

I am trying to get the hang of this
blog thing! It has been so great to
hear how you all are and we are wishing you the best. Our daughter
Katie has had some iron needs herself and one of the things they
suggested was black strap molasses.
It makes good ginger cookies. Those
might be a good dessert after the
steak! We will keep in touch. Bec
has been printing off the blogs for
my Mom. Love and hugs from us all in Boise,

Love,

Cousin Suzie

Love cousin Suz from

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda and Rob,

I am trying to get the hang of this
blog thing! It has been so great to
hear how you all are and we are wishing you the best. Our daughter
Katie has had some iron needs herself and one of the things they
suggested was black strap molasses.
It makes good ginger cookies. Those
might be a good dessert after the
steak! We will keep in touch. Bec
has been printing off the blogs for
my Mom. Love and hugs from us all in Boise,

Love,

Cousin Suzie

Love cousin Suz from

Unknown said...

Hey Linda and Rob.

Hope you are having/had a good time with the family. I have been thinking and praying for you.

Cricket looks like she's trying to get a view of the two of you this time :o)

Love to all in Corvallis! (this is my first bloging experience...whoo hoo!)
Tami

Unknown said...

Hey Linda and Rob.

Hope you are having/had a good time with the family. I have been thinking and praying for you.

Cricket looks like she's trying to get a view of the two of you this time :o)

Love to all in Corvallis! (this is my first bloging experience...whoo hoo!)
Tami

Anonymous said...

Have a great time on the mountain. I check in daily and am so happy for all the positives (great U/S, tumor feeling smaller). I hope you have a good time on the mountain. I agree, get that woman some red meat!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time on the mountain. I check in daily and am so happy for all the positives (great U/S, tumor feeling smaller). I hope you have a good time on the mountain. I agree, get that woman some red meat!

djensen said...

I'm praying for you lady. Please don't hestiate to ask for help.

Making something special for Cricket. You will like it to Linda.

Large hugs and love.

Rob said...

Good call on the blackstrap Molasses cookies to get some iron.... tasty!

Rob.