Sunday, August 10, 2008

Haircut and Wildlife!


Linda survived three days of my high school reunion so she must be feeling good. We had a great time seeing our friends and spending time with them. Here is her new haircut!

This week is two OB appointments, a checkup with the medical oncologist, and then round two of Chemo on Thursday!

On another topic, we've been enjoying many deer in the yard/neighborhood this summer. Attached is one of my "Wildlife Kingdom" encounters that would make Marlin Perkins proud. It is filmed at our neighbor's house.

Rob.



8 comments:

Richard said...

Hello Linda and Rob!

It was great to see both of you at the reunion and Kelly and I are both very impressed with how terrific Linda looks.

Kelly likes the technical content and is nodding her head as I read it to her. She agrees with the treatment schedule so far, so there's a free third opinion for you. ;)

We'll be watching and look forward to reading about more good days for Linda. Once Cricket comes along, you can bring out the big guns and really get busy.

Finally, here is a name suggestion. Cady, from the French word cadeau, meaning 'gift'.

All our love, Rich & Kelly (and Jett too)

Unknown said...

ok, don't tease us Rob...please post the "blown-up" version of the HS picture on your name tag!

Sharon M said...

Linda and Rob,
I'm flunking "blog" school. Please don't tell anyone I'm a fund-raiser in OSU Engineering!! Oops.

I want to go back to the thing about the red wig. Linda would be fabulous as a red head!! We could be sisters, and it would give you a little anonymity! Okay. Just kidding.

I'm anxious to help in any way, so please call on me! I'm anxious for the calendar to appear.

Thinking of you lots and wishing you continued strength, tenacity, humor and much love as you move along this journey. We are with you and cheering for you all the way.

Sharon M

Anonymous said...

Glad you've been able to get some good summertime action at Sunriver and the "Crazy 88's" reunion - I had forgotten it was your turn!

I think Rob should get a 'Zoolander' or 'Joe Dirt' (either one!) wig so you can both sport some fake follicles.

Love from Warshington,

-RKK&R

p.s. if you want to see Rob's HS picture on the name tag, click the picture and you get a full-size zoom! You're welcome, Bro! I help where I can... What are brothers for? ;-)

Steph, Ian and Marshall said...

You guys are awesome! We've been given some special "medicine" to bring back to make sure that Linda and Cricket stay super healthy the rest of the pregnancy and beyond. I'll spare you the details of the ingredients...I don't *think* you have to drink it...
Absolutely cannot wait to see you guys. We get on a plane tonight and hope to be able to see you sometime in the next month at the least.

Lots of love from all of us,

Steph, Ian and Marshall

eastlaker said...

Howdy Linda and Rob!!

I love the blog -- what a great way to share your thoughts, feelings, hopes and fears, and have a chance to get fantastic feedback, support, and encouragement from all your friends and family. Keep it up!

It was really outstanding to see you this last weekend. I know you both put a whole lot of effort into organizing the reunion, which is really impressive given everything you have going on right now. I’m sure I can speak for the entire class of ’88 when I say, thanks a ton!

I’m looking forward to reading and hearing about how successful you are in beating this thing. :) We’ll be thinking great thoughts about you and will continue to wish for health, happiness, and humor for you all.

Much love,
-Tim and Melissa

Cammie said...

Love the hair cut & love the blog!

Can't wait to meet Cricket.. you know I’ve always been partial to the name Grace, but I just saw Gracelyn and liked it. Grace meaning God’s favor and Lyn being a variant of Linda (in German).

SENDING MY LOVE TO THE WHOLE FAMILY!!

Rob said...

Thanks Big Bro' for the tip on my high school photo. :)

I'm a bit scared as to what kind of medicine is coming home from Mali. I'm envisioning bat wing soup or something.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Rob.