Yes, it has happened - we have parted ways with the hair. Monday morning it started coming out (just as the Doctor had said). So, Monday night Lynn came by and we got the scissors plus razor and shaved Linda's head! I always thought I would be attracted to her with a bald head but now it is confirmed. Here is the progression:
Before:
Starting to cut:
Groovy Rocker Girl Look:
Buzzzz:
Buzzed!
Final look: Buzzcut and Baby!!!
The New Hairless Linda is finally ready for the Olympic swimming events!
Post chemo this week has been pretty good. Still some minor side effects but overall Linda has been doing great. Our little Cricket is still wiggling in her bubble world and Linda has been singing to her on occasion which both Cricket and I enjoy.
Only one doctor appointment this week - almost seems a bit slow! :)
Rob.
11 comments:
Hello from Texas!
Okay, we have been step-sisters for 30 years and I will be the first to admit that I suck at maintaining relationships. If I recall, I said I would keep in touch when I was home for Mom's surgery a few years back. But such is life.....
My thoughts and prayers are with you sister.
P.S. I love the name Cricket!!! My father used to have a teacher who worked for him named Cricket and when I was a child I always wished I had her name. She was so "groovy".
Hugs and Kisses,
Brenda
Linda,
Bald is beautiful on you. I'm sure this has cut your time in 1/2 for getting ready.....just remember Sunscreen. How sweet that you & Cricket will be sporting the same hair style when she's born. Love ya girlie.
Hi Linda,
We have never met and by luck I have been blessed with a wonderful aunt who is also your sister. I want to say that I am very awed by you and your husbands courage. Keep the faith and my well wishes and prayers are with you and Cricket!
love and huggs.
Janice Ann
LOVELY, & I'm glad that is out of the way. I think this newly shaved head is quite nice, your stylists did a fine job!
I think if I started over w/ a shaved scalp I'd end up with a good afro. This hair just doesn't behave unless it's weighed down & scolded. And it would be half gray of course!
I love the cowgirl hat! That sure fits, ya little filly!
Love you lots & lots & lots!
OMG, you are soooooo cute! Kev says he's gonna take his hair down to an 1/8 of an inch to match yours. Love seeing the belly too--so cute.
Aud
You look simply mahhhhvelous dahling. Mahhhhvelous!
You my friend can wear anything.
My Dad says to send you and Rob his love and prayers. He says that he has yours and Rob's photo on his desk.
Love Cuz Shannon
Linda,
Susan passed on your blog to me. How life affirming your story is - and how beautiful you and your belly look! Wow! Pregnant! My role model. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Susan Sarandon!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Rob and baby, too. Is Cricket the name you've selected? If not, I think Faith would be appropriate. Because we all have faith you will recover and live to fight with your daughter about having to move into an assisted living facility when you're 90.
Steffi Baker
Linda,
I've always been partial to short hair; so it's no suprise that I absolutely love your new doo! I spoke with my girlfriend, Trish, regarding your question about a special breast CA diet. She advised to maintain your calorie intake by eating whatever you want since chemo tends to cause loss of appetite. My friend is active in Bay Area Young Survivors, an organization in San Francisco which provides support services for women in the bay area with breats CA. I'm inclduing the link to the BAYS website which has some info you might find interesting.
http://www.baysnet.org/links.html
Hugs,
Kelly Barker
Linda and Rob,
Just talked to Jan Wade and she told us about your blog. Just wanted to let you know you have been in our family prayers. Let us know if we can do anything to help.
Jen, Frank and Aleki Rodriguez
You look so great, Linda! I was right, you totally have a Demi Moore noggin, you look totally sexy.
Hello dear friend:
You look simply beautiful!! I wanted you and Rob to know you are in my thoughts and heart during this joyous and challenging time in your life. I have known you since forever; you have always been one of the most positive, vivacious and amazing women I have ever known. Your wonderful essence will make all the difference with your daily challenges and the well being of Cricket.
This site is amazing! Rob you have done a wonderful job and is very appreciated by those of us who do not have contact on a regular basis.
I send my love and all the positive energy I have your way.
You are simply one of the best!!!
Love
Sandy Hoffstadt
Post a Comment