Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 3 Post Chemo

I slept relatively well last night only waking up at 12:30 a.m. and 3:30. I laid awake for awhile before putting in a meditation CD to help me go back to sleep. I was able to get a good nap in yesterday and have been getting out for a walk each day - which is wonderful. I am not the best at putting things in writing but here I go.

As I lay awake last night - I wanted to share with all of you my thoughts -I was thinking about my wonderful husband whose love gives me trendmendous strength and loving support. I feel safe and so loved, he is so wonderful, I am blessed. And two wonderful loving and caring sons. Brian and Austin have been helping us around the house and I don't think Austin's hands have ever been so sanitized EVER. This might be a good time to buy stock in hand sanitizers. We are so blessed by all of you our friends and family who have wrapped your caring arms around us all - some people I have not even met in person. Bless you all. We Thank You for your encouragement, prayers, support, and love. We appreciate it all more then I can put into words.

Not to forget - the all the doctors, nurses, and people involved in helping people heal.

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful day. We are off to Sunriver for a few days. Love,

Linda

8 comments:

Audrey said...

So glad things are going well. I think the toughest part of this for you will be to let other people take care of you for a change. It's all about taking care of yourself right now. Sunriver sounds like a nice getaway--enjoy!

Oh, and the best hand sanitizer by far is Avagard-D, which they use at OHSU. You can special order it through Fred Meyer pharmacy.

Aud

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the beginning of this process is proceeding so quickly. I'm thinking about you all and hoping you enjoy some time off at Sunriver.

Carol said...

Hello my dear Linda -
Was so so surprised (and THRILLED for you) to hear about the new addition to the family!! Now this.................what a blow!!! BUT - the good news is - it was a pretty small "lump", you have EXCELLENT medical care and the best support system on the planet (actually mine was the best - but I'll let you use them too! - smile). I just KNOW you're going to get through this fine........
I finished Chemo and radiation about 2 years ago. Lost my hair (not a big deal really - primp time was dramatically reduced - AND you're going to be an ADORABLE baldy!), and survived just FINE with the help of a TREMENDOUS medical community, the BEST support system on the planet, and a strong faith. I completely believe in you and your amazing strength & courage. I KNOW prayer works - so you're in mine EVERYDAY!!
Thanks so much for this blog - what a wonderful way to keep us all informed. When this is all over - we MUST get together - all of us...........I'd LOVE it.
Carol

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,
You, Rob and Lil'Cricket are in our prayers. You know that I already think that your a precious flower - BUT - I think you'd even be more precious with a blonde afro!!! I LOVE IT!!! Stay strong. You'll get through this, then you'll have 18 blessed years of raising a girl!!!! What a thing to look forward to... ;-) Big hugs, and does beer sanitizer qualify for being SANITIZED to see you?? I could shower in it!

Kristin said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. Let me know when the white blood cell booster kicks in...until then, I'll leave berries on the step and scurry away. I don't want to take the chance of infecting you!

I believe Kimo Sabe means "trusted friend" so your nickname for chemotherapy is well done. Did you do that on purpose? Kimo Sabe was Tonto's name for the Lone Ranger.

You are in my thoughts and prayers as you rest up in Sun River. Stay strong.

Kristin

The Gale Family said...

Thanks so much for the updates! My fingers & toes & other things are crossed that this Mister Kimo behaves himself & does his job politely but leaves you alone other than that! I'm picturing some fixit guy visiting the house for repairs, for some reason he's wearing a jaunty white cap and carrying a bucket & a few scrub brushes...

Rest when you can, & nibble on snacks 'cuz your li'l sweetpea has the munchies!

Anyhoo, LOVE YOU LOTS!

Wennie

Thurman said...

We are glad everything is going well for you. Sunriver sounds like a great getaway. Have a wonderful time relaxing and soaking up the sun. You are definitely in our prayers.

Thurman and Stacy

Wombat Aloha said...

Hey miz cuz Linda. This is Shannon and I just finished reading the blogs from you and your wonderful husband and learning more about all that is going on in your so sedate and boring lives. (grin)
I was moving some stuff on my computer desk and voila, there was this photo of you, Tracy, Bumpa and me at the Oregon State Fair.
Great memories! On the back of the photo Grammy wrote Aug. 73. Thanks Grammy!
So here's the deal, you my friend I've always had memories of great engergy, great spirit, great love and cookiness. You've got a great arsenal to rely on and of course all of your family and friends to pack in that arsenal as well.
Go kick some cancer butt, Cricket will have some great role models to follow and hey, with some cool wigs, some great styles too!
Perhaps you should name her Beckam.
Sounds like she'd make a great soccer player.
Love you much
Prayers are sent your way every night.
Love Shannon