Monday, August 25, 2008

25 Weeks and feeling good

Little Miss Cricket is 25 weeks "old" today. Here is a picture from an ultrasound last week from our friend Tina at the local OB! Cricket actually held still for a few seconds for a few snapshots. She has been quite busy as normal and wouldn't let them catch her heartbeat with the Sonogram so we got the ultrasound instead. I'm sure she'll listen much better to her daddy than the doctors! She is getting quite big compared to the other pictures we have of her so here is only a partial head shot!





Linda has been feeling well this last week before the next chemo with most of her energy back. We have been continuing to walk every day.

We went shopping a bit this weekend for baby stuff! There is some pretty cool stuff out there and now that we have 2 months less than I had originally anticipated, we better start shopping! We got some clothes and are ordering a bassonet/changing table soon.

Some people have asked about names. We have a list going of names (Cricket isn't one of them, but I'm sure it's a nickname she'll get stuck with from time to time!). Thank you for the suggestions and let us know if you have any more! While we have a few favorites, we haven't locked in on one for certain yet.

Adam from Linda's work brought in an article from the Oregonian about someone else who went through breast cancer while pregnant! Here is the link if you are interested.

Linda and I almost felt like a normal couple the past week and kept low key over the weekend. It was nice to wash the cars and other "normal" stuff. We even went on a date to a nice restaurant on Friday night and drove the convertible (no more messed up hair)!

We have continued to appreciate the comments on the blog, cards in the mail, flowers, etc from everyone! We feel refreshed and ready for Chemo round 3 on Thursday.

Rob.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cricket is very photogenic. I'm so happy to hear all is progressing well, and it sounds like you two are taking this round in stride, and always seeing the bright side.

Carla said...

Hi Rob and Linda

Just wanted to let you know your always in my thoughts. Sounds like
your doing fairly well Linda considering all your going through.
Keep the good positive spirit and know you are loved by all.
Let me know if you need anything.
Carla

The Gale Family said...

Cool little baby pic. Wow, really, 2 months? Wooo-Wee that's gonna fly by sistah. Uh yeah I guess it's time to start getting supplies but really, as you know you'll just need tons of diapers & you'll be set :)

You're doing a fab job taking care of her & of yourself, keep up the good work!! Mebbie we need some sort of softball cheer. We'll work on that. I'm confident we can come up with something properly enthusiastic but also very appropriate for any wedding or formal setting!!

Love you lots & lots & lots!

Bonnie Warren said...

Hi Linda and Rob:

I know it has been a long time but I just wanted you both to know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers.We live down the street from the Hospital, River Bend, If there is anything we can do please let us know. We would love to be your home away from home.We have a guest room with your name on it!! Showers, food anything we can do OK!You could just come and go as you need.When you can have visitors I would love to see you. I am working on getting some people to donate brest milk for Cricket.Take Care
Love you
Bonnie and Rob