We will report to the hospital in the morning since she has to be there all day to ensure there is no allergic reaction. Linda got her port accessed and blood drawn today so she is all ready to go!
Little Cricket has been doing a bit better the past couple days and is back down to 4 again on her airflow. We are currently missing her since we're in Corvallis for Linda's chemo in the morning. It is tough to be away from her for any length. But, we call and check in on her often!
Here is a picture of me from a cell phone camera that I thought may be entertaining (Brian took the picture!). This is right after Linda's c-section and Ava's birth. I still have my Tyvek suit on from being suited up for the Operating Room! I think I wore the suit another several hours since I was too wired to take it off and everything was so surreal I may as well be in a spacesuit.

A few people have asked how Austin and Brian are doing with everything. They seem to be doing relatively well, given everything that is going on. They are both excited about Ava and been to visit her a few times. They are both worried about their mom, but have been helping out and expressing themselves in healthy ways, from what we can see. I'll try to talk one of them into doing a "guest blog" at some point so you can hear their perspective!
Prayers for a good round of Taxol in the morning.....
Rob.
2 comments:
Sending you all our best, we pray for no (or at least very few) side effects from the new drug. Linda, I hope you slept okay last night with your port being access...and the kitties didn't attack you (smile). I know Courteney didn't enjoy sleeping with hers in - yucky. Send Ava our love on your next phone call to her!
Yes please be sure to let Ava know that we send our love! Feel free to list us all by name, personally I think it's high time for me to adopt the name "Auntie Wee Wee" but honestly, whatever you call me is good as I'll answer to anything! (GRIN)
I am lovin' the space suit, yes indeedy. I think Mark may have found his halloween costume? Although he does like to show a little more leg...
Go, Taxol, Go! Be fierce and effective! And be nice to our dear Linda....
love, love, love from us to you!
Post a Comment