Next, he got to hold Ava! Ava just loved her big brother Austin and cooed and smiled at him a few times and opened her eyes for him. She thinks he is pretty cool.
Ava has been doing well this week. Her airflow dropped to "1" a couple days ago (the lowest setting) with no major impact and she has been on "room air" (no additional oxygen) for much of her days recently. She does still have occasional Bradycardias and "Desats" (low oxygen % in her blood) but this is age-appropriate. Ava is 3 lbs, 15 ounces (I call it "a poop shy of 4 pounds"). She is on the cusp of moving to a crib! It will probably happen this weekend if she can hold her temperature without the protection from the elements the isolette provides.
She completed her ROP (eye) test. Although the test isn't fun she was extremely tough and only yelped once during it. ROP is the condition that Stevie Wonder (another preemie) had which caused his blindness. I'm happy to say there were no signs of ROP, she merely had an immature retina which is expected at her age. She will have another exam in 2 weeks.
Linda is feeling good and even worked off and on this week. Her eyelashes and eyebrows are starting to fall out but she still has some hanging on!
Rob.
2 comments:
Awwww sweet pictures of brother and sister..... LOVE IT! Sounds like Ava is at some big milestones. Gee, I didn't think I'd feel so excited about "Room Air" !!
Love,
Wennie
Austin....The next step will be the diaper change - Yahoo! I don't think you will have the same facial expressions in those photos. You both look very comfy with each other. I'm sure Ava will love having her older brothers to watch over her (of course not so much when she's 16). Love you all - Tonya
Post a Comment