Linda is doing well, and has made it through the few days where she doesn't feel her best. Other than a scare which turned out fine (see below) she is doing well through her Taxol round 2!
A couple little scares: First, Ava had some problems during a feeding tube change during the night shift (feeding tube is in her nose, down into her tummy). It sounded like maybe she refluxed during a feeding tube change and then stopped breathing, had an Apnea/Bradycardia, then needed some oxygen and puffs of air from the "hand bag" (oxygen bag that is always nearby in case of emergencies). It was a relatively short spell - about 30 seconds on the bag until they got her vital signs back up - but still worrisome for Linda and I when we heard about it the next morning.
The next night, Linda had a fever - she was very hot (not in the normal way!) and so we took her temperature. It rose to 100.9 and we had one foot out the door to the hospital (101 is a trip to the ER) but then peaked. We measured it every 1-2 hours throughout the night and finally it dropped down to normal by the morning. She didn't have any flu symptoms so perhaps it was a mild infection that her body fought off on its own. Her body has been very resiliant so far and we are praying this continues for another two rounds of chemo.
NICU Cousin: My cousin Christi and her husband Bill have been wonderful supporters to Linda and I throughout our NICU experience. Their son, Mason, is an NICU graduate but still has a couple hurdles to overcome since he has been home. If you want to check in on them and share some positive thoughts and prayers, here is their blog: http://mason-ryder.blogspot.com/ We're looking forward to Mason and Ava swapping NICU war stories down the road! Thanks Christi and Bill for your continued support of Ava and our family.
Picture time: NICU Nurses Monica and Betty knitted some matching hats for Linda and Ava! Here are a couple pictures (luckily, I don't have a pink matching hat!):
We continue to do well overall!
Rob.
5 comments:
What beautiful pink hats. You all look so happy! Sorry to hear about your scares but I'm glad they are behind you. I can't believe how fast Ava is growning - that's just wonderful. Love you all - Tonya
Hi Rob & Linda, it's great to see photos of your smiling faces! And adorable little Ava! Even though we are so far away, it's great to be able to click on the blog at any time and see how you guys are doing. The video clip was great by the way! How precious! We send our love and prayers.
All the best,
Renee, Rick, Rylee & Raegan
I love seeing the pictures! I can already see how much bigger that little peanut is getting! I'm glad the scares were just that: scares. Thinking of you all!
You all are doing so well. I am proud of you all! Of course all the NICU nurses too!
Thanks as always for the welcome updates. Babysteps, babysteps, the family is taking more and more babysteps... I love the pictures, love the hats, and am simply amazed that little Cricket is 6 weeks old already! Has it really been six weeks since she decided she wanted to see her Mama's sweet face? And begin yoinking on Daddy's chest hairs? wowza... Keep those positive vibes flowing as you know we all are. Love You Lots!
Post a Comment