Linda is doing great, Cricket is 6 months today and 27 weeks tomorrow! Linda's heartburn has mostly subsided and she is feeling pretty good. This is usually the nice time for her, before the next round of chemo. She is a bit more tired than normal but it is good she is getting some rest. We have been enjoying Cricket's kicks and rolls - she continues to be very active. We had an appointment with the high risk OB in Eugene last week and it went well. Cricket is right on track for her growth and they tell us she is about 2 pounds and probably over 12 inches now. We're determining the exact due date but still looks to be around mid-October.
One of our cats (Ellie, age 17) has been giving Linda a lot of attention since her diagnosis. When Linda got back from chemo last time, Ellie came right over and put her paw right where Linda's tumor is. The photo below looks like Ellie is giving Linda some kitty healing power. You can also see Linda's remaining hair - more and more of it falls out each week but she's still got some on top.

This week we have an appointment with the medical oncologist and chemo #4 on Thursday. We're planning on 5 rounds of this type of chemo so we're getting near the end of the AC chemo (next is delivery, then Taxol chemo).
Rob.
9 comments:
OK I will go ahead and date myself here again - I think I look like Eddie Monster - from the Monsters.
I wanted to express our appreciation to all of our wonderful family, friends, neighbors, doctors, & nurses, for the incredible ways you support us. We feel so much love and support - as I have said many times - words just can't express how much we appreciate everything.
Many of you have commented how wonderful the blog is and how much you appreciate the information it provides and the way Rob articulates everything so well. My husband is truly an amazing and wonderful man. I am blessed every day to have a husband like him to love.
You all have a wonderful week. With Love Linda
Also - Lynn we just appreciate you doing such a fantastic job on managing the helpinghands calendar. We appreciate all you do for us - again we are blessed with such wonderful people in our lives. We love you Bos' family.
Stephanie Thanks so much for being a Breast milk advocate/organizing. We are over whelmed by the support we are getting.
Your comments on the blog, the flowers - that brighten our home, the cards, the meals, cleaning, the fresh farmers market veggies & fruit that are left on our door step, the prayers, love and support. We appreciate it all, we feel loved & supported!
With love Linda & Rob, Brian, & Austin
love ya girlfriend...can't think of any place i'd rather be in my life right now than right here helping/loving you :)
Linda,
Anything that now plays on TV Land that you remember before there was a TV Land…..does date you. Isn’t it funny to think that to Cricket may never know what a music CDs is…..kindof like the 8 track tape was to us when we were younger. (or maybe that’s just Rob and I who don’t remember having an 8 track…..ha ha ha ha)
Anyhoo…..You look wonderful! Sit back and enjoy all the support you get from family and friends because each one of us knows that you are always the first one up to bat when a family member or friend is in need. Love Ya!
Just so you all know - it is called "Advanced Maternal Age" (AMA)- that is what the Doctor say.
Tonya let me see if I can scrap up an 8 track for you and Rob to see. I am sure I have one some where in my stuff :)
What is good about a smile? I noticed that when I am walking around with my belly (cute cricket), chemo hairdo and AMA, and people give me that - of poor thing look, all I have to do is flash them a smile and they stop giving that look and smile. Even if I don't feel like it - I do it. It is my way of saying "I am fine" I may have a couple of things going on, but I can still smile. I feel good and it seems to transport over to them.
BTW - Tonya Thanks for the house cleanings - our cats miss you too. Love ya
Linda,
You are truly amazing. Keep up the good attitude, it will help keep you going! You and your family are always in my thoughts.
Sarah R
Hi Linda:
All of us in McMinnville appreciate the blog so much as it allows us to feel much more connected to you and Rob. Can't wait to see you on the 20th.....I love you more than words can say! Love, Mofo
Hey I can even NAME one of my eight-tracks.... I had a little ol' red pickup with 2 teensy speakers in the doors. And wow did it sound great cranking out "Muskrat Love" !!! Muskrat Susie, Muskrat Sam... Oh yes, even the little muskrat squeaky sound-effects... ah memories....
I love the pic w/ your tender kitty, how sweet. Hhmm.... cats....milk.....cats.....milk.....wonder if there's a second motive?
HEY just sending a quick "THINKING OF YOU" note. Can't wait to hear about the next baby adventures!!
luv U,
Winkie
Linda/Rob,
I just wanted to drop in to say congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl. She's going to be one lucky little princess.
Get some rest everyone and hope to see you soon.
Love ya' Daisy
Post a Comment