Linda was checked to make sure she didn't have any contractions and the baby was monitored (she tried to hide from the heartbeat sensor again but they finally found her). Other than being slightly dehydrated (probably from the chemo) Linda was fine. They also called in an ultrasound tech to check her cervix (looked great - no signs of early delivery) and the baby. He was nice enough to take some pictures for us and even let us take a DVD of some of the movies/photos!
After about 4 hours they let us go home, and we were all reassured that everything is fine for now, but we are supposed to watch for any premature labor indications.
Linda's heartburn is finally getting back to manageable - we are told some of the anti-nausea meds may make it worse and Linda stops those 2 days after chemo so it usually improves to where she can eat/drink more regularly now.
Here are some pictures/movies of our little sweatheart from the nice ultrasound tech. It's Daddy's turn to overdose you with photos and video!!!
First is Cricket's heartbeat (~150bpm):
Here is a 4D of her sucking on her fingers. The 4d images sometimes get some artifacts that make them look funny but overall I like this one:
Here is a cute foot picture:
And finally in this last shot she puts her hand in front of her face to tell us she's done showing off:
Rob.

7 comments:
Thanks for letting us in on your world. It is great that Cricket is
not so enthusiastic that she arrives even earlier than anticipated. She grows ever more beautiful.
Holy cow those videos are amazing. But please illumine me, what the heck is the fourth dimension? I'm very familiar & comfy with 3D as xyz, what's numero quatro? I always thought it was "time". Maybe it's like this:
x=left/right horizontal axis
y=up/down vertical axis
z=near/far spatial axis
4=amazing cuteness factor
Am I close? OK, that I can fully understand.
I'm super glad you uploaded the videos, this is too coool!!!
love you guys lots!
Ha! I had to ask what 4d was too. My nerdy friend Kevin told me that the 4d part is time. So, now I wonder if those 3d movies I used to watch should be 4d movies. Leave it to the baby ultrasound marketers to come up with a cooler name than 3d!
Rob.
hey, did Rob just call me a nerd?
giggle... I get really confused when they try & throw in a fifth axis, and yet I'm slightly curious...
I meant to edit but instead deleted my comment, that was me!
First day of school! Was yer middle kiddo ready? Alex looked just a bit shell-shocked but I think he'll be happy to get back into the school/social scene... And Casey started K! oh man, time flies, it will be li'l Cricket's turn right around the corner... tra la laaaaa!
Awww, look at that baby girl! So excited to meet her...and my sons will be too. You do realize that you'll have to fend off TWO DeKam males from her right? Hee hee. Glad to hear that things are going as well as they can right now. That dehydration/heartburn loop has got to be a drag. Hang in there Linda.
Best,
Audrey
I'm so glad it all turned out ok. It's so odd how similar our pregnancies have been- I also was in for pre-term labor symptoms last week and it turned out to be not drinking enough water. The pictures and video are wonderful. What a beautiful little miracle.
Post a Comment