Post from Linda:
Post Op appointment. We met with the surgical oncologist team. Post-surgery healing is coming right along and we talked about Oncotype testing. Since it was DCIS (caught so early and no invasive cancer found) this wasn't deemed appropriate. We did find out the tumor was ER/PR positive. I am still supposed to take it easy – so no vacuuming, mowing, raking leaves, or any repetitive upper body activity for the next two weeks. Ava has been chipping in on the vacuuming and has been very helpful, and I really appreciate her.
Next step is radiation. On Friday we had an appointment (consultation) with
a new (to us) doctor: the radiation oncologist.
I remember this drill all too well.
Looks like I may be getting some new tattoos. We came prepared with our questions and
concerns. One of the things we learned is that typically you can only do radiation treatment one time per
breast. So this would mean IF I were to
have another cancer it would be double mastectomy. Let’s all hope and pray this is something we
don’t have to think about. We have a CAT
scan scheduled for two weeks. This is
when they do the tattoos and all the measurements for the radiation
treatments. Radiation will be on the new
digital zapper. It looks like there will
be a total of 16 treatments – 3 weeks and 1 day. I will go for radiation every day. This will start approximately February 25th.
For the most part I am doing really well. The one thing I have noticed is I am really
tired. I am sure it is the stress and
anxiety from testing, procedures, COVID, etc., but most of all it is the
waiting that for me is mentally exhausting.
But I try not to sit in that moment for to long and look for something
to snap myself out of it. I love those
sunny day and having a snow day has really been good for my soul and spirits.
Please know that we are beyond grateful for all the emails,
texts, cards, flowers, chocolates, homemade breads- scones, baskets filled with
love, and wonderful meals that have been delivered to our home.
Like everyone – we are looking forward to getting COVID
vaccine. I'm not sure when people with conditions like mine will get it but hopefully we'll get a plan soon.
Please feel free to share the blog with others that may want
to follow along. I am so grateful that
Rob does this for all of us. With
gratitude and love, Blessings Linda, Rob, and Ava

2 comments:
So grateful for these updates and to know you are healing well and that a plan is now in place. More boxes ticked. Always feels good to tick off boxes. Safer than ticking off boxers. ;). Love ya!
Thank you for the update Linda! We are thinking of you. Big hugs.
Post a Comment