I recognized that in my last post I didn't even say anything about being in a pandemic in the midst of this. We just are very careful since we've both had medical issues in the past. Fortunately, operating in this "pandemic environment" isn't so difficult for us since we don't need to interact "live" with others much.
Linda had her COVID test on Thursday and got to experience the joy of a brain tickle. She agreed with me that it's like when you have wasabi/horseradish too fast and your eyes water. Just a little uncomfortable but not painful. She was negative so all systems were "go" for surgery tomorrow.
Well, the surgeon's office called. Surgery is off due to COVID within the surgery center where we were on Wednesday for over an hour but everyone was masked up and we were heavy on the Avaguard D.
We're both bummed that we have to take this alternate route but there always are detours along any journey like this. So, we're rolling with the detour and sounds like they'll be back to surgeries after the holiday. Since the tumor appears slow-growing and small we can afford to wait a bit longer but were hopeful to get things moving. Once we get a new surgery date planned I'll share that.
Thank you to everyone for all your support and notes of encouragement! We appreciate it!
Rob.
3 comments:
Oh man, Covid sucks. I’m sorry to hear that the surgery was postponed. I know that that feeling of wanting it simply out of your body. I’m glad it is not a fast growing type and can afford to wait. Out thoughts are with you all!
Dang Covid! This is the Year of the Pivot, where we demonstrate our flexibility and grace, just like our little Linda on the bball court. Love youse guys! Hang in there, regroup, and then onward.
Prayers are going out, love to you all. I HATE that you are having to do this again! Hugs.
Post a Comment