Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Settling in

We're settling into a nice routine with Ava, although she still isn't sleeping too long, she does give us one 4-5 hour stretch most nights! This girl has a lot of energy, but we knew that when she used to kick away in Mom's tummy and we nicknamed her Cricket.

Linda has been feeling well and is ready for chemo tomorrow - we hope that her counts are back up. She had her acupuncture this afternoon (she's been doing this once per week now).

Ava gets her Synagis (RSV antibodies) shot next week, and also her vaccination booster shots! The last time she had vaccinations, she was in the NICU and had a rough time afterward. It's hard to believe that was only 2.5 months ago - it seems like quite awhile!

I'll close with a video of Ava's "swim time" - she loves to kick her feet in the water (is her Cricket nickname going to stick?). Sorry it's sideways - please don't hurt your neck watching it.

Rob.



5 comments:

Dreamer said...

Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the video! Good luck with this round, Linda. And THANK YOU for the Cricket! It's a big hit in the house, especially for Dora. Everytime she hears it she searches frantically along the bototom of the wall and the corners, looking for a real cricket!

The Gale Family said...

Oh what a sweet video, splish splash that looks like FUN in the bath! Little Ava has sure grown!! I'm soooo jealous of Tonya I'm gonna have to kick her little booty on Monday. Linda dearie keep on healing and resting & letting that Mr Kimo do his thang.
Luv,
Wennie

Audrey said...

She has FAT ROLLS! Delicious beautiful wonderful fat rolls! They make me so happy to see.

Wombat Aloha said...

Boy, I don't check in for a little while and whammo, Ava is sitting up and smiling and kicking her feet in the water....geesh, I better be careful and check in more often, she'll be off to college soon. Geez.
Love the video of Ava's kicking in the water. Love seeing you Linda and hearing your voice. I was thinking of you today, I was doing a work out to a Zumba disc and the gal doing the one on one teaching reminded me of you. Made me smile. Made me sweat a whole bunch too!
Love ya!
Cuz Shannon