Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy 5 Month Birthday Ava!

Ava is five months old today! She is two months adjusted age. It's always interesting to see people's faces when they ask how old she is and we say five months....

The bummer news from today is that Ava has a cold. She came down with it yesterday and isn't feeling too tops. Her eyes are all watery and her nose is congested and runny. We were worried about her breathing with getting a cold, and although the congestion sometimes affects her breathing, she is doing well with the suctioning and humidifier running. Hopefully she will get over this soon and it won't get any worse. I will say she is tolerating it better than I usually do when I have colds, so points to her for being tougher than dad (as if there was any doubt)!

Linda's counts were back up last week so she was able to get her chemo. They did drop the dose just a bit to try to level out her counts. She is feeling good and is at a Yoga class as I type this... she continues to go on walks with Ava and others and her hair is still in place in spite of the recent chemo - she's hoping to retain the short doo. I'll post a photo when I get a chance as she looks pretty saucy with her short cut.

Happy Birthday Ava!

Rob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 month B-day Ava!!
The video was so cute!!
So good to hear you are feeling
better Linda, Boo on Ava having
a cold. Hope she feels better
soon. We had a baby shower for
Becky on Sat. She looks like baby
has dropped and that she will be
soon. It is fun to feel baby kicking! Keep you posted. Glad
your getting out for yoga and walks!! Love,

Cousin Suz

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 months, sweet girl! I'm sorry about the cold. Sol hasbeen stuffed up for a month so I hope she gets over it quick. So glad Linda's chemo went forward.