Saturday, December 27, 2008

Grateful

Of all the years I should of mailed Christmas cards - this would have been it. I wanted to share with everyone how grateful we are to have the wonderful family and friends in our lives. We are grateful for all the prayers and support we have received over the past months and continue to receive.

I am so grateful for my wonderful husband - he has been so loving and supportive through all of this. He is the most wonderful Father - I love watching him with Ava. At the hospital, when he wasn't with me - he was with Ava (all hours day & night.) He would go down and hold Ava's tiny hand when they did her labs and tests. One night I had a fever and he set his alarm for every hour and would check my temperature (all through the night) to make sure I didn't get to 101 - which meant I would have to go to Emergency room. He has never missed a Doctor appointment and is there for all my tests/procedures. I could never put into words how much he means to me and how much I appreciate and love him.

We are so grateful that Brian and Austin are doing so well and we love being back home - all together as a family. Brian's Senior year at OSU is going very well. Austin seems to be enjoying his 8th grade year and made honor roll. They are bonding and building their relationships with their new little sister. Austin likes to hold her in the mornings before going to school - very nice time for the two of them.

We are so grateful and Thankful for our little Ava who is thriving - she weighed 9 lbs 1.5 ounces last week. We are grateful for all the women who donate breast milk as it really does make a difference. What a gift to have her home. Although we are not getting much sleep :)

For the family and friends who have just been so incredible, loving, and supportive to us all - we appreciate all you have done for us. We love you all.

For the breast cancer survivors who have been so willing to share your journey and provide support. I am grateful for the relationship with you all. You inspire me.

For the Team of Health care providers - we are so grateful that they acted so quickly - we have received the best care. People just thought it was so amazing that the NICU nurses came to help out when I had my surgery - this is an example of the wonderful people who have come into our lives. So many of you are now are friends - I will never forget what you did for us.

People often express how much they enjoy the blog and how much they appreciate Rob keeping everyone updated. They say they are moved through all their emotions (happy, sad, laughing, crying) from the blog. We want you to know that we have been moved by the support and thoughtfulness we have received from all of you. We have never felt alone in this journey.

We are grateful to God for hearing our/your prayers and answering them. It is a testimate of the power of prayer and faith.

We are looking forward to the New Year and wish you all a New Year filled with happiness & health.

With love, Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your family are an inspiration to us all. I thought of you on Christmas Day and wondered if you just put a big bow on Ava. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue your journey. Faith, family and friends will get you through most anything that happens in this life. I count on all three!
Thank you for maintaining the blog to keep us all up-to-date on your family. I look forward to the updates and the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Linda and Family,

What a wonderful letter from you
and yes, you are inspirational to
us all. We thought of you all on
Christmas and how nice to have your
family together! Faith is an amazing thing that carries us all
through our highs and lows. May God
Bless you all in the new year and for years to come. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers and thank you for your blogs. We will be watching for them! We hope you feel all the love
and support from all the Weeks, Wharry and Wilson Families. We love
you and happy New Year. We hope to see maybe sometime this summer. Glad Ava is a growing cutie. Becky is next in February for the next little one on board. We will keep you posted. Thanks for the family
update too. Much love and hugs,

Cousin Suz

The Gale Family said...

Hey what a sweet liddle blog entry Linda. We love you & your family so-ho-hooooooo. It was a special treat to see you & li'l Ava yesterday, both ladies are looking mah-velous! Nice to read about how those boyz are doing so great in school, good job guys!! Although I'm in MAJOR denial that your eldest can be *that* old!!! (there's no way!)

Wow 2008 had some ups and downs. But looking back it sure seems the ups were bigger than the downs ... we have a healthy baby, healthy mama, family & friends closer than ever.... sob sob I'm in a happy puddle now... ANYWAY 2009 is sure to be a great New Year!

I know most of us avoid anything with alcohol but let's all make a point of raising a glass up tomorrow night, wherever you are, for a group toast -- HERE'S TO FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND GOOD HEALTH IN OH-NINE!!!! Love ya guys !~!~!